Hello, youth pastor/leader/director!
We are so glad you are planning to bring students to our district BLAST event, which will be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020 at South Charleston First Church of the Nazarene. The cost is $15 per participant, payable when your students check in at the event (if possible, a church check is the recommended way to do this). The competition schedule is planned to start at 9 a.m., with check-in starting at 8:15 a.m.
Please read all the following information carefully!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER REGISTERING:
- DO NOT REGISTER ADULTS OR NON-COMPETITORS for the district event. Registration should only be completed for students who are competing in a talent or sports category.
- DOUBLE CHECK all the information before saving. Especially make sure the grade level and gender information is correct.
- AGE DIVISIONS are high school (9th-12th grades) and middle school (6th-8th grades).
- CHECK THE HANDBOOK: This is the best advice we can give as a first step if you have questions about rules, guidelines, or procedures. You can download a copy of the handbook here.
- THE FIELD EVENT is June 11-13, 2020 at Mount Vernon Nazarene University. Registration for that is a different process.
WVS BLAST Director
Categories are as follows:
Vocal Ensemble (3-9)
Vocal Choir (10+)
Christian Band: Original Performance
Instrumental Solo Original Performance
Creative Writing: Poetry or Prose
Choreographed Worship solo
Choreographed Worship group
Videography: Short Subject
Mathematics (regional – open)
5 K Run (regional – open)
Archery: (regional only – open)
Sign Language (regional only – open)
Tennis – Singles (regional – open)